Jenny's Blog...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

One more day in Seattle

Some flowers from this past weekend (sorry, the pic's sideways). Takeaway from the JAN [Jenny Appreciation Night] that my dear friends and family put on for me - I am blessed...overwhelmingly blessed by an incredibly gracious Lord & Savior.

This month has been a very busy and in some ways, contained some of the most challenging weeks of my life thus far. One thing that has been striking me is that while I've been through much more painful times before, I don't think I've handled it as well as I've been able to lately. Granted, while I have a tremendously long way to go, I can't help but want to post this short entry to give glory to God for how He's been busy at work in my life; to bless, strengthen, comfort, minister & love in and through my fallen and depraved state. Here's a very critical Bible passage to me as I'm transitioning into a new chapter of my life full of unknowns.

"See, I have set before you today life and prosperity, and death and adversity; in that I command you today to love the LORD your God, to walk in His ways and to keep His commandments and His statutes and His judgments, that you may live and multiply, and that the LORD your God may bless you in the land where you are entering to possess it… "I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants, by loving the LORD your God, by obeying His voice, and by holding fast to Him; for this is your life and the length of your days, that you may live in the land which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give them." – Deuteronomy 30:15-16, 19-20 (NASB)

Amen, huh? I implore you all to choose blessing; choose life - God's way, not ours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home