Jenny's Blog...

Monday, September 11, 2006

Five years since 09.11.2001

Today was the 5th anniversary of 9/11. The New York Times featured a pull-out section, in addition to many articles, to commemorate it. Although I was trying to get caught up on schoolwork, thoughts about how significant this day is were also on my mind. There was quite a bit going on around town to acknowledge the significance of this day, and I think many mixed feelings in the city today were being grappled with, especially in those who are still dealing with the death of a loved one. An overall solemn tone was indeed in NYC today in the midst of all the usual noisiness.

There were ads placed with the names of those who passed away, in the pull-out section of the Times. The name of one of the people caught my eye - Jennifer Y. Wong. I know that my parents and relatives are concerned about me living in midtown and going to school in the Empire State Building, but I am at peace with God being in complete control regardless of what happens in this world.

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him. The Lord is their strength, and He is a saving defense to His anointed. ~Psalm 28:7-8 [NASB]


I pray God might use me and will continue to move through The King's College to reach those hurting and lost in this city.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you :)

Thu Sep 28, 09:40:00 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home