Jenny's Blog...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Chipping away

It's mid-terms week. I see around me a lot of tired and stressed out students. However, in the midst of the madness, I'm learning to be more diligent to steward this education. I really hope the rest of the semester and Spring semester will be better as I become more disciplined.

Our apartment's started some traditions for birthdays (we've now had 2 after this weekend). We have a crown (apropos since we're Elizabethans) and a cute pink pin for the birthday princess. Our Texan roommate's birthday and other events brought around tons of flowers (yay, we're happy!) and cake to our apartment this weekend. It's been a festive and sweet week. Here's a goofy pic we took... yummy - cupcakes from Magnolia Bakery.

It is so amazing how our Father answers our prayers and in His own timing, fulfills the desires of our heart. =) I've gotten to have some good chats this week with some female students here this week as I've been spending a lot more time on campus. While I'm really not tight with anyone here yet, I'm encouraged to see God honor my desire to seek His best here. There are some pretty amazing women at this institution.

I'll try post more later on my professors, but I've been blown away by wonderful they are. Honestly, God is really doing something amazing here with His hand-picked professors! Just another reminder of how much I have to steward and invest well during my time here at TKC and beyond.

On another note: I think I'm going to be seriously schooled on southern culture and country music before I leave here. I'm guilty of having some inaccurate stereotypes of people from the Midwest and the South. Oh, as far as I can tell, Southern men ARE chivalrous; it's nice to be treated so thoughtfully and well even when they don't know some of us. Not that I haven't been around brothers who treat me well before, but I don't recall it ever being as immediate as this.

Anyhow, back to the books for midterms and homework.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home