Jenny's Blog...

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Wow, there have been so many ups and downs to look back on this year. Although I'm packing a lot of books, papers, etc. for schoolwork as I head down to New Jersey this Thanksgiving, I can't help but be very glad and thankful for all that God has brought me through this year. My work decisions, family challenges, academic problems, friendship struggles, financial outlook, spiritual dryness and loneliness are all in His hands. I've been able to see problems redeemed and transformed into healing/reconciling relationships, peace in God's ultimate vision for my life, amazing support from my Christian family all around the world and tough learning on how to grow diligently in His ways - slowly but surely...I'm really thankful for God's hand in my little life.

I'm sure there will be times when it may be harder for me to be thankful for my lot in life. By God's grace in Jesus Christ, I hope I can see beyond circumstances and continue to run the race with passion and joy. Below is a passage I wanted to share. (It's also partially because I'm writing a paper on I Peter during this break.) Also, an encouraging Boundless blog entry.
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled and will not fade away, reserved in heaven for you, who are protected by the power of God through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you greatly rejoice, even though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials, so that the proof of your faith, being more precious than gold which is perishable, even though tested by fire, may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ; and though you have not seen Him, you love Him, and though you do not see Him now, but believe in Him, you greatly rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory, obtaining as the outcome of your faith the salvation of your souls." -I Peter 1:3-9 [NASB]
Not that we are saved by works, but just some verses to chew on if you haven't looked at them in depth before...

Enjoy the holiday! Count your blessings. =)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving sis! Be careful on the roads and I'll see you soon!! I hope you did well on your exams! :)

Alex

Wed Nov 22, 10:31:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home