Jenny's Blog...

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

More home improvements

Since moving in, our apartment has seen many improvements from the drab state it was originally in. One of our desires as a household was to accumulate more art for our walls so our unusually spacious common area wouldn't look so bare and cold. This is our latest addition from the past week. One of my roommates snagged this from American Eagle Outfitters since they were changing for the season...a 5ft x 8ft picture.

It actually seems quite becoming and at home on our wall. It's a nice change from the demeaning and sexualized ads we're bombarded with on the streets and even in our hallway when we walk out the door.

My own corner has also seen more additions to make it more homey and comfortable. Now we just need to find more furniture to hold our books. =)

5 more weeks to pull up my grades and attempt to finish the semester better than I started. =| I anticipated having some trouble getting back into school. A full semester load has hit me harder than I realized. =( God is gracious, His mercies are new every morning. I will get to start anew next semester as well. I'll be glad for the winter break in b/w semesters to reorganize and strategize my game plan better for next semester.

On a more exciting travel note - I'll be back in Seattle for about 10 days in January! Hooray for frequent flyer mileage redemption!

1 Comments:

Blogger gear-girl said...

it's a LITTLE bit sad that i knew it was an AE poster before you mentioned it in your blog... :S

Thu Nov 09, 08:30:00 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home